http://www.pinterest.com/vickiedmiller/aaa-wis-pictures/
I printed out all of those images in a tiny size and organised them in my journal
they are so small that only I can recognise them so I feel it is safe to show them here, just so you can see how they are organised
The groups I came up with were;
- abstract
- close ups
- naive with flowers or grass
- naive with trees
- simple
- texture and stitching
- traditional beaches
- traditional with flowers
- traditional with grasses
- traditional light effects
- traditional mist
- traditional mountains
- traditional paths
- traditional rocks and water
- traditional stone paths
- tree frames
- contemporary trees
- standard portrait
- standard landscape
- banner wide
- banner tall
- square
And different horizon heights.
I have actually been making thumbnails of these with some stencils I made over on my real blog.
I must say that I prefer to have a few mountains and either a very high or very low horizon and wide or long format. I also like a very dimensional foreground, which I have not got up to with the thumbnails yet.
Some ideas for series might be
My local creek in different lighting and seasons
The weeds and wildflowers of the valley
Trees and bark and leaves (textures)
The beaches of port phillip bay
My reasons for working in a series
- To keep my work simpler and avoid too much fussy detail
- to be able to explore ideas more thoroughly and find deeper inspiration
- To allow myself to focus as well as stretch my technique
- To improve my work
I did the same thing with pictures of my own work as I had with my inspirations
I did not include any traditional quilts. The categories I came up with were
- Small and medium threadpainted landscapes with some collage and needlefelting
- Floral thread sketching on fabric collage
- Leaf collages, mostly of a geometric nature
- a couple of misc art quilts mostly thread painted on other subjects from my challenge group
A lot of my recent work has been for my challenge group and has very different themes, but mostly
I have tried to make the topic into a landscape.
I have tried to make the topic into a landscape.
I also have a variety of techniques, but the main ones are threadpainting, collage and needlefelting.
So that is where I am at with this week's work.
No comments:
Post a Comment